(Contract – Medical Leave)
Job Requisition: 6439
Description for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
Under general direction of the Department Director and other management personnel, performs administrative duties; supervises and coordinates activities of subordinate staff; conducts research, assists with special projects, serves as a liaison between the Department Director or his designee and the department.
Responsibilities for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
- Provides general administrative support to management staff as assigned.
- Perform filing, phone support, and other clerical responsibilities.
- Perform data entry of payroll.
- Researches and evaluates information as requested; obtains, organizes, prepares and distributes required information and documents.
- Utilizes various computer software programs for analysis of various projects and preparation of reports.
- Responds to public inquiries.
- Assists with the planning, organization, coordination, and operation of special events.
- Performs administrative duties as required for the efficient operation of the department.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Two years administrative support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (preferred)
- Requires ability to keep matters in confidence.
- Requires working knowledge of policies, practices and procedures in municipal government.
- Requires ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires ability to perform research; organize, prepare and present findings accurately and concisely.
- Requires ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.