Application Engineer– Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 7102
Description of Application Engineer:
This Application engineer will need to have a strong automation background with expertise in quoting and concepting systems. This position will perform a wide variety of technical assessments in support of development team reviewing design, performance and overall systems requirements and functional data with the engineering group; develops and prepares detailed proposals for potential and existing accounts/customers.
Responsibilities for Application Engineer:
- Responsible for conceptual development, preparation of cost model and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.
- Involves key members of engineering management in cost models and conceptual layout, in projects where technical complexity is large.
- Assists engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications.
- Involves third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
- Travels to the customer's site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Provides sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
- Obtains and prepares detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
- Assembles and collects all necessary technical information and customer specifications from engineering and sales & marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.
- Assists in special projects in support for engineering and sales and marketing.
- Adequately defines scope of work in proposals to allow project manager and project team to begin work on system.
- Five years’ experience in mechanical/electrical systems design and applications engineering, working knowledge of material handling, robotics, machine controls and manufacturing engineering and processes.
- Requires solid technical assessment and presentation skills, knowledge of preparing complex proposals and quotes.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design tools such as 2D and 3D software ACAD or Solidworks.