Automation Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6789
Description for Automation Engineer:
The Automation Engineer will serve as the in-house SME on all things related to manufacturing automation. This person will be tasked with assessing the current automation systems and then make recommendations for projects, create scope of work for the projects, execute on those projects, troubleshooting PLC’s and Robotics systems as well as and collaborate closely with manufacturing, production, maintenance and quality teams as well as external automation integration vendors for a global medical device manufacturer.
Responsibilities for Automation Engineer:
- Must be able to lead a team and give direction throughout the course of a project, including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the design, program and debugging of PLC, HMI and robot software.
- Must have solid software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Assist outside contractors to ensure quality and function of electrical systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and present conclusions.
- Ability to perform all expected tasks under general supervision.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Management of assigned projects, including responsibility for budget and timeline
- Experience with automation design, troubleshooting, working with vendors.
- Coordination of all activities on assigned projects, ensuring on-time completion
- Work closely with customers, vendors and internal stakeholders during project execution
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead continuous improvement projects related to existing products, processes and equipment
Requirements for Automation Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related years of experience required.
- Experience in Injection Molding, Automation and high-volume manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working with design vendors including holding them accountable to specifications and project requirements
- Independently tests, analyzes and solves technical problems
- Possesses excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously make strategic decisions.
- Must possess comprehension and reasoning skills used to understand and collect data, interpret technical instructions, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project (or other project management software).