Description for Automation Engineer:
The Automation Engineer OR Senior Automation Engineer will contribute to the development and execution of automation engineering tasks through design, planning, procurement, and execution, as well as coordinating with vendors and contractors. Some of these tasks include programming of PLC and HMI as well as associated documentation. Also included are assisting in the development and implementation of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and associated networking and data management systems. This individual will be required to work with cross functional teams to apply efficient cGMP processes to preserve data integrity and the quality of the drug product, including the safety of all production and non-production personnel.
Responsibilities for Automation Engineer:
- Design, revise and commission automation-based systems with input from cross-functional teams and senior staff.
- Design, code, test, debug programs and systems.
- Implement automation changes to existing control system hardware and software; supervise hardware and software modifications done by outside vendors.
- Create, modify, and maintain automation system documentation including project documentation, specification documents, and SOPs in a cGMP compliant state.
- Ability to troubleshooting various automation systems and provide training to operations personnel on automated operations.
Requirements for Automation Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2 or more years of experience with a concentration in Automation or Process Control; or combination of education and experience. Knowledge of automation hardware design and maintenance.
- Specific knowledge of Siemens automation products and experience in a regulated pharmaceutical/medical device manufacturing environment is preferred.