Azure Cloud Architect (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6811
Description for Azure Cloud Architect:
This position will have a heavy emphasis on developing modern and new solutions in a multi-cloud environment, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This includes technical design, implementation, documentation, cost control, migration, and support. The Cloud Architect will need to be able to work directly with Business Process Owners to understand functional requirements and scope out a solution that may include new cloud-based services. This person will be expected to be a leader in a diverse global team of architects, engineers, developers, DBA’s who are all at different stages of their career and skill levels.
Responsibilities for Azure Cloud Architect:
Architecture, Design, Develop and Configure Systems – 75%
- Develops, designs, configures, and implements highly complex I.T. technology solutions.
- Champions a “Cloud first” methodology, such as Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service.
- Microsoft Azure and AWS will be a crucial component for this role.
- Creates functional specifications and design proposals. Including diagrams and architectural documents.
- Participate in the design of Cloud-based infrastructure solutions working alongside Cloud Architects and service domains (e.g., Web, Database, Storage, Networking, IAM) to ensure that initial and anticipated future business requirements are represented.
- Leads the I.T. infrastructure activities for major business projects.
- Integrates technology solutions across disparate I.T. platforms and business segments.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software, hardware and cloud technologies.
- Performs testing and evaluation, including development lab activities for new technology solutions.
- Interfaces with software vendors and internal accounting department to facilitate the purchase of hardware and software.
- Stays well-informed of the technology trends and developments in the I.T. industry.
- Participates in the development of I.T. strategy and direction.
- Makes presentations and proposals to senior I.T. management on projects, designs and initiatives.
Project Leadership and Management – 20%
- Develops and maintains IT strategy and ensure they align consistently with the Client plan.
- Will serve as the project lead on highly complex technical projects based on the business plan.
- Research and analyze project requirements, create and submit proposals, and implement approved project plans.
- Develops and submits budget proposals and funding requests.
Technical Support, System Administration and Maintenance – 5%
- Provides technical support to I.T. systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve very complex problems with system configuration and hardware.
- Provide escalation support for all other architects and system administrators.
Requirements for Azure Cloud Architect:
- At least five years’ experience in:
- Leading major infrastructure projects.
- Participating in the development of technology strategy.
- Creating, developing, and implementing technology solutions.
- Vendor management including license agreements, hardware procurement, software procurement.
- At least two years in Cloud Administration using Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions.
- At least ten years full time experience or equivalent on the job training is required.
- System and application administration with Microsoft technologies.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work with no supervision and within changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Business Acumen
- Ability to plan, coordinate, instruct, monitor, and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Technical proficiency – EXPERT:
- Cloud Technologies
- Intel or AMD server technology
- Technical proficiency – SKILLED:
- Software licensing
- Technical proficiency – HIGHLY SKILLED:
- Storage technology
- Application virtualization