Business Development Manager
Description for Business Development Manager:
You will be responsible for identifying and closing new sales opportunities through your knowledge of the recruitment/staffing market geography, economic environment, top companies within the IT and Engineering space. You will establish a plan to grow newly acquired clients for our contract business. Building reliance and credibility amongst clients/prospects, candidates, and colleagues by communicating our value proposition. All while creating an excellent customer experience. This position is a hunter role with the core responsibilities of identifying, pursuing and winning new business opportunities for IT/Engineering consulting/staffing and permanent placement services. This role requires outstanding sales experience, finely honed customer service skills and a passion for selling Technology talent.
Responsibilities for Business Development Manager:
- Work with Managing Director to establish target account list within the and IT/Engineering space.
- Maintain company guidelines metrics against set expectations on a regular basis (requirements, interviews, meetings, starts, headcount and gross profit dollars).
- Develop business and grow new client base through active and direct sales activities including social media and professional networking to identify leads for IT/Engineering staffing opportunities.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to understand and effectively articulate and implement the shared vision of the client.
- Prospect, qualify and close new business opportunities with key decision makers and managers from personal contacts and rolodex of clients.
- Position and provide the very best technical resources
- Provide a consultative and value-added approach to develop relationships
- Passionately build strong customer relationships through a proven ability to prospect and close new business
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales
- Manage a consistent pipeline of business opportunities
- Participate and actively share in internal sales meetings
- Prepare sales reports showcasing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Managed the accounts you bring in
Mandatory Qualifications for Business Development Manager:
- 3+ years’ experience working in the recruitment industry
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of generating new business through prospecting
- Proven history of successful quota achievement and large/medium account penetration and execution
- Resourcefulness in thinking outside of the box regarding sourcing and new client development
- Experience of managing a large IT staffing client or MSP
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel as needed