CAD Engineer (Direct Hire)
Elk Grove Village, IL
Job Requisition: 7098
Description for CAD Engineer: This CAD Engineer will be responsible for designing custom high-quality stainless steel food service, medical equipment, and job-shop manufacturing. Candidate must possess expertise in design, development, sheet metal part validation, and production growth through effective team and project management participation. Also requires the ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with other departments within the organization, and oversee progress within the engineering dept. This position is responsible for all coordination on assigned projects within the company’s SOP platform. This position would also monitor and improve quality control of fabricated parts and assemblies.
Responsibilities for CAD Engineer:
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop, manufacture, and bring project to fruition within timeline.
- Analyze, design, and build business/technical solutions that deliver the client’s goal.
- Create 2D scale drawings using Solid Edge CAD software.
- Created BOMs (bill of materials) to list all the materials, components and instructions required to manufacture or repair products.
- CAD/CAM programming of project parts using specified programs.
- Establish time allocation required to complete projects.
- Provide final design specifications.
- Establish relationship building within engineering staff to create growth, improve skills to accomplish set tasks and goals required to achieve strong department culture.
- Develop and maintain strong CAD/CAM parts inventory management and organization for use within engineering platforms and staff.
- Develop and maintain engineering procedures and SOP for engineering staff and culture.
Requirements for CAD Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Associates is welcome.
- 4-5 + years of experience as a CAD Engineer
- 4-5+ years of experience in the sheet metal part development in a custom manufacturing environment
- Proficient in 2D scale drawings of manufactured equipment for client approval process through knowledge of floor plan layouts, part sketches, etc.
- Expert knowledge in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Inventor --Solid Edge a plus
- Thorough knowledge of NCS drawing standards for Uniform Drawing Systems (UDS) –Preferred!
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective coordination, planning, and organizational skills.
- Self-started and perform work with limited to no supervision.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.