Cloud Infrastructure Manager(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6849
Description for Cloud Infrastructure Manager:The Cloud Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for technical solution architecture, leading highly complex technical projects and participating as the technology expert on major business projects involving Cloud technology. Heavy focus on developing modern and new solutions in a multi-cloud environment, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This includes technical design, implementation, documentation, cost control, migration, and support. Will work directly with Business Process Owners to understand functional requirements and scope out a solution that may include new cloud-based services. This manager is expected to be a leader in a diverse global team of architects, engineers, developers, DBA’s who are all at different stages of their career and skill levels. Interaction with different business groups is vital within this role and requires an understanding of multiple business segments and IT’s impact on
Responsibilities for Cloud Infrastructure Manager:
- Develops, designs, configures, and implements highly complex I.T. technology solutions.Champions a “Cloud first” methodology, such as Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Azure and AWS will be a crucial component for this role.
- Creates functional specifications and design proposals. Including diagrams and architectural documents.
- Participate in the design of Cloud-based infrastructure solutions working alongside Cloud Architects and service domains (e.g., Web, Database, Storage, Networking, IAM) to ensure that initial and anticipated future business requirements are represented
- Leads the I.T. infrastructure activities for major business projects.
- Integrates technology solutions across disparate I.T. platforms and business segments.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software, hardware and cloud technologies.
- Performs testing and evaluation, including development lab activities for new technology solutions.
- Interfaces with software vendors and internal accounting department to facilitate the purchase of hardware and software.
- Stays well-informed of the technology trends and developments in the I.T. industry
- Participates in the development of I.T. strategy and direction.
- Makes presentations and proposals to senior I.T. management on projects, designs and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains IT strategy and ensure they align consistently with the company plan.
- Manage a team of highly skilled employees.
- Provides regular feedback and coaching to the team.
- Will serve as the project lead on highly complex technical projects based on the business plan.
- Research and analyze project requirements, create and submit proposals, and implement approved project plans.
- Develops and submits budget proposals and funding requests.
- Provides technical support to I.T. systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve very complex problems with system configurations and hardware.
- Provide escalation support for all other architects and system administrators.
Requirements for Cloud Infrastructure Manager:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related major with 10 years of experience within Information Technology. In lieu of degree 12 years of experience in Information Technology.
- At least five years’ experience in:
- Leading major infrastructure projects utilizing cloud technologies.
- Participating in the development of technology strategy.
- Creating, developing, and implementing technology solutions.
- Vendor management including license agreements, hardware procurement, software procurement.
- At least three years in Cloud Administration using Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions.
- At least ten years full time experience or equivalent on the job training is required.
- System and application administration with Microsoft technologies.
- Management / leadership proficiency
- The ability to supervise a team of people and provide regular coaching sessions, reviews and development plans to improve skill sets.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage large and complex projects and a proven record of meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Technical proficiency with the following Cloud Technologies:
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Cloud based storage.
- Cloud based backups.
- Co-location of data centers.
- Cloud extended networks.