Description for Continuous Improvement Lead:
The Continuous Improvement lead is responsible for implementing all process improvement initiatives validated by R&D into our Chicago facility. The Continuous Improvement lead will also have the opportunity to be part of early-stage biotechnology that will positively impact people around the globe.
Responsibilities for Continuous Improvement Lead:
- Operate as the liaison between the R&D, Operations, Quality, and Engineering groups to plan, implement and scale up capacity and quality improvement initiatives in our manufacturing facility, with the goal of increasing the plant capacity and product quality.
- Evaluate existing processes, suggest measures for improvement and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve quality, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Document processes, instructions, recommendations, and key metrics. Regularly and efficiently communicate the progress of all implementation efforts to the relevant parties within the organization.
- Map and analyze processes and identify ways to reduce waste, improve work flow, and otherwise increase efficiency.
- Provide positive role model for all plant personnel in the area of safety and quality.
- Work closely with quality, regulatory and product development functions to meet corporate goals, including timelines, for project implementation.
Requirements for Continuous Improvement Lead:
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Background in chemistry, biology, food science, or other experience in analytical characterization of bioproducts.
- Project Management, maintenance, R&D, and/or continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize information from diverse sources and drive actionable working plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency leveraging cloud-based collaborative tools (Google Suite) to drive
- consensus-building activities