Continuous Improvement Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6606
Description for Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading process improvements through the implementation of the company business system in support of lean transformation and sustainment throughout assigned facilities. The CI manager will deliver practical, hands-on training in company business system methodology and tools to eliminate waste in manufacturing and functional support areas. Will work with/through the Director of Operations/ site leaders/GMs to implement and monitor the effectiveness of Continuous Improvement (both physical and cultural) in all aspects of assigned facilities.
Responsibilities for Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Leads and drives lean transformation and change initiatives to create and sustain world-class, visually managed manufacturing operations site(s) for instantaneous recognition of waste in all areas.
- Implements Company Business System continuous improvement activities in all major lean disciplines and in alignment with strategic initiatives and objectives.
- Facilitates and/or conducts lean training programs, Kaizen events, and other lean initiatives. Assesses, coaches, and provides constructive feedback to teams to strengthen lean competencies at the site.
- Serves as a change facilitator, develops and collaborates with site lean champions, and influences site leadership in the transformation to and/or in support of a continuous improvement culture
- Develops and manages multiple processes, long and short-term, sustainable, lean-related visual action plans as well as assigned key projects.
- Monitors existing and new processes for improvement opportunities in safety, quality, delivery, and cost through lean problem solving methodology.
- Tracks, measures, and reports progress on improvements using standard, established Key Performance Indicators.
- Establish and monitor SQDC, 5S, Leader Standard Work and Hr. x Hr boards for compliance to standards and effective utilization
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, schedules, and other financial reports particularly regarding the impact of and sustaining lean improvements, waste reduction, ROI, and as indicated by lean accounting principles
- Organize and facilitate site Lean Steering Committees
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through benchmarking. world class lean manufacturing operations and personal technical training
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, schedules, and other financial reports particularly regarding the impact of and sustaining lean improvements, waste reduction, ROI, and as indicated by lean accounting principles. Creates input to the Lean Scorecard and maintains its status to be current.
- Provides team member guidance, development and supervision in the event of having direct report(s).
Requirements for Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, manufacturing, or related discipline along with 8 -10 years of demonstrated qualified lean experience in a leadership role.
- Requires at least one successful Brownfield lean transformation at a plant level.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of lean tools: Toyota Productions System and methodologies such as: A3 Development and Management, Process Flow Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, 5S/Visual Factory, TPM, QCO-SMED, Standard Work, Process Problem Solving, Built In Quality, Just In Time, Kaizen/Continuous Improvement, Hoshin Kanri – SDP X Matrix, and Lean ROI.
- Extensive Gemba based continuous improvement tools/techniques.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to integrate safety, ergonomics and 5S requirements within lean manufacturing and practices.
- Bronze certification from AME/SME or the ability to certify within 6 months.
- Lean certification from a recognized independent technical organization
Desired for Continuous Improvement Manager:
- Preferred experience with Shingijutsu consultants and mentoring by a recognized competent lean consultancy.
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening