Controls & Drives Engineer
Mount Vernon, IL
Job Requisition: 6407
Description for Controls & Drives Engineer:
The C&D Engineer Electrical will be responsible for all hardware and software for all controls systems within the facility. This includes Standards Compliance, IPC Management Implementation, Machine/Manufacturing Systems Interfacing, Specialized Controls Support as needed, Apply Change Management to Current Control Systems, Perform Specialized Training to Maintenance Staff. Direct report to C&D Manager. Technical Support to Maintenance, Projects or Utilities Departments. Contribution to every Department and Plant KPI's.
Responsibilities for Controls & Drives Engineer:
- Backup, protect, and maintain the software of control systems, such as IPC's, PLC's, Drives, Communication Devices, etc.
- Configure and validate IPC’s for completion of: IP Addresses, host name, business partner access, standard image, inventory, backing up and restoring, IT security, domain integration, manufacturing systems (MMS, SFI, MCAT, FFDACS, CSMI/CGMS), Central Recipe Management (CGRS) and energy monitoring (MESSDAS).
- Ensure compliance with the electrical standards set by Central Engineering (MES/C&D) for IPC’s, PLC’s, Drives, Machine Interfaces, Controls, etc.
- Coordinate, implement, validate and document the hardware and software changes made to the control systems in accordance with Change Management Specification.
- Provide specialized controls support in terms of hardware (IPC’s, PLC's, Drives Systems, etc.) and software (Control Settings, High Level Programming, etc.)
- Conduct training for maintenance team and coordinate with training department
- Maintain respectful and cooperative communication with management, C&D Engineers, Maintenance technicians and area engineers in the departments
- Perform other duties as directed by the C&D Manager or Engineering Manager
Requirements for Controls & Drives Engineer:
- Five (5) plus years of Control Systems and Automation experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong IT knowledge, experience in programming and IT networking
- Experience with Industrial PC’s (IPC) management
- PLC programming knowledge with either Allan-Bradley and/or Siemens
- C# programming or some other similar object orientated language
- Understanding of Open Platform Communications protocol (OPC)
- Understanding of IP protocols and communication
- Experience working with Edge Devices
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.