Cryogenics Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6999
Description for Cryogenics Engineer:
This is a well-funded start up that makes radio isotopes and very specialized super conducting electron accelerators.
This Cryogenic Engineer based in the state capital of Michigan (Lansing) will be responsible for R&D work to design and develop customized pressure vessels and piping assemblies used in a variety of temperature and pressure ranges, which includes cryogenic applications. Additional responsibilities will include mechanical projects from cradle to grave, and this co is special because:
Only company in the world that can build and operate superconducting electron accelerators
Licensed by the NRC to work with radioactive materials, including uranium
Operates an in-house radiochemistry facility to extract and purify solid, liquid, and gaseous radioactive isotopes
Responsibilities for Cryogenics Engineer:
- Excellent technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Requirements for Cryogenics Engineer:
- Upgrade and maintain existing 4° K refrigerators and distribution systems in support of the production of radio isotopes utilizing linear particle accelerators as part of the radio pharmaceutical fight to stop cancer and save lives
- Work on design, construction, and installation, maintenance of large 4° K refrigeration systems for production of Mo-99 and other fission products from uranium
- Manage projects and perform test procedures to validate product quality and/or efficiency
- Support and or write technical reports, papers, articles, and presentations
- Operate mechanical systems*Visas will work too, light relocation expected.*Salary+ good benefits, possible bonus and stock. Co has FDA approval to product Mo99/Tc.