Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer
Greater Dayton, OH Area (Remote)
Job Requisition: 6458
Description of Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer:
The Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer will assist with the development and implementation for cloud security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into cloud, hybrid, and on-premise systems. Contribute to the implantation of global enterprise security cloud architecture and work cross-functionally to enhance and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of cloud-based applications.
Responsibilities for Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer:
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and operational security objectives.
- Identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings.
- Perform deep analysis and develop metrics that measure risks and evaluate and manage threats.
- Analyze threats and security controls to identify gaps.
- Working cross-functionally to define frameworks for DevSecOps, APIs, containerization, and technology debt management and ensure they are incorporated into application development.
- Create cloud infrastructure automation strategy with focus on standardization and reusability.
Requirements for Cybersecurity Cloud Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in cybersecurity, computer science or similar.
- 3+ years experience in security engineering or architecture.
- 3+ years experience with Cloud platforms including AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Solid foundation across the Microsoft technology stack and Azure security offerings with the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.).
- Experience in deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages (i.e. Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML)
- Experience and exposure to threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections, PKI.
- Experience with security testing tools which perform vulnerability identification, threat analysis and static/dynamic code review.
- Azure Security Engineer Associate [AZ-500] or Azure Architect certifications. CISSP, CCSP, or similar certifications preferred.