Data Engineer, Junior Associate (Direct Hire)
Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job Requisition: 6376
Description for Data Engineer, Junior Associate:
Privately owned co is owner and operator of high-quality, single-family, retail homes, with a core mission to help more people get into great homes, in the neighborhoods they love, while preserving the opportunity to build a more secure financial future. This commitment to making homeownership a reality is made possible through a unique business model that leverages data and analytic capabilities on technology-enabled operating platform. This co is a dynamic organization poised for growth and expansion into the future and are looking to hire passionate and energetic employees. Co. has financial partnerships with Goldman Sachs, Citibank, and BlackRock, among others.
The Data Engineer, Junior Associate is expected to help on projects related to data storage and ETL. They will work to standardize and improve data collection and management procedures at the direction of senior members of the team.
Projects will center around working with large datasets related to real estate, credit underwriting, consumer behavior, and property level information. They will be responsible to maintain our existing ETL (SQL based) and participate in the successful implementation and maintenance of our new ETL processes (Python based) and the management of the Analytics data warehouse.
The Junior Associate will be expected to do some manual work and ad hoc tasks to supplement and help out the senior members on the team. They are expected to bring energy and enthusiasm as they learn more about both how the real estate market works as well as develop their technical skills.
In addition to a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, the Data Engineer Junior Associate position requires the following skills: meticulous attention to detail, developing communication (both written and verbal) skills, a high level of organization, creativity, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently and multi-task.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer, Junior Associate:
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of the ETL processes (SQL and Python).
- Work on the ETL transformation configs and resolve data feed discrepancies.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team and other data users to own data integrity checks.
- Notification plan to alert all parties when there is a data integrity or a feed issue.
- Troubleshoot website data feed issues.
- Work closely with the Brokerage Operations on setting up new feeds and maintaining existing ones.
- Comfort working in a small team.
- Communicate with business heads and other departments about issues and concerns
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
Requirements for Data Engineer, Junior Associate:
- Undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or commensurate technical experience.
- Ability to think critically and ask pointed questions.
- 0-2 years of experience in a technical role.
- Database knowledge and ability to write queries without assistance (SQL or MySQL).
- Experience developing data pipelines or data analysis in Python.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work independently and meet deadlines.