DATA SCIENTISTS-3 openings: Jr., Mid and Senior
Direct hire, hybrid onsite Chicago-Union Station or Plano IX
Hlb transfers considered
The Data Scientists (3 levels) will help with production data and systems used for the most critical business intelligence and data analytics tasks, with the opportunity to engage with the production process from beginning to end. Projects will center on working with large datasets around real estate, credit underwriting, consumer behavior and property-level information, such as maintenance spend and rental payment tendencies, to create forecasts and models. Other projects will include further development of existing algorithms and models for determining rent pricing strategies, home values, portfolio analysis and management, risk modeling of consumers, and other data analytics exercises as required.
You can expect to be writing code and scripting daily using Python, Jupyter notebooks working cross-functionally with the Data Engineers and Software Developers on the team as well as gaining exposure to data management, data storage, and data visualization techniques.
You will also be expected to write production codes and deploy models on top of a cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS on an as-needed basis. Note: The Junior Associate will be expected to do some manual work and ad hoc tasks to supplement and help the senior members on the team. They are expected to bring energy and enthusiasm as they learn more about both how the real estate market works as well as develop their technical skills.
- Conduct research and analysis of the analytics team, ranging from producing summary statistics to more sophisticated analysis.
- Design strategies for analyzing large datasets, including geospatial datasets.
- Assist in working through strategies for cleansing data after encountering it during normal work processes.
- Develop financial and technical models for reporting and business intelligence tasks.
- Work hands-on with large sets of real estate and consumer data to help develop new applications, databases, and data structures.
- Research and implement machine learning models on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, track, and constantly improve existing deployed data science models.
- Perform ad hoc requests in line with business priorities.
- Undergraduate or master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or commensurate technical experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in a technical role or analytics role (software development, data science, etc.). MORE FOR MID OR SENIOR LEVEL
- At least 1-year of experience in writing production-level code in Python. Experience in other programming languages such as R, Spark, Julia, etc. is a plus. MORE FOR MID OR SENIOR LEVEL
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and hands-on knowledge in the domain of Probability Theory and Statistics.
- Demonstrated conceptual and hands-on working knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, ask pointed questions, and formulate solutions to problems in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work independently and meet deadlines.