Database Administration Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6847
Description for DBA Manager:
The Manager of Database Administration will oversee the administration of the organization’s databases, analyze staff needs of the databases, and develop a long-term strategy for data storage.
Responsibilities for DBA Manager:
- Identifies, defines, and assesses the properties and specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS) to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Defines a logical database structure for application development based on the organizational structure of the company.
- Defines and executes procedures for testing and implementing new applications in the database environment.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to data security and integrity.
- Develops, implements, and monitors access policies, limiting database access on a need-related basis.
- Develops, maintains, and controls additional corporate data libraries specific to the organization, industry, or locality.
- Ensures project and department milestones and goals are met on time and within budget.
- Assesses current and projected database performance, and recommends changes and enhancements.
- Drafts training documentation and guidelines for analysts and end users.
- Resolves data conflicts for matters such as naming conventions, data privacy, and data ownership.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in DBMS and related technology.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department
Requirements for DBA Manager:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field required.
- At least five years of related experience required with at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Strong hands-on experience with Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) of applications
- Experience with Oracle Exadata database platform
- Experience with Unix and Linux based operating systems
- Thorough understanding of file structures and design, information retrieval techniques, file access methods, and database controls and standards.
- Strong leadership skills
- Project management skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.