Demand Planning Supervisor (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 7097
Description for Demand Planning Supervisor:
Responsible for developing the master manufacturing production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. Provides a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. Responsibilities for Demand Planning Supervisor:
- Responsible for establishing and creating a rolling 3-6-month Master Production Plan for purchased and manufactured parts. Utilizes the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, customer requested ship dates and new product development. Communicates schedules monthly.
- Facilitates communication between multiple teams internally, externally and globally to analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the master production plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Performs supply-demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months.
- Makes delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Develops inventory targets and manages production using a MRP system to achieve targeted inventory levels; establishes policies to maximize efficiencies and minimize inventory investment, i.e. lead times, lot sizes, period of supply, economic order quantities, safety stock, and ordering rules.
- Ensure coordination with Planners to execute the Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitors actual versus plan and identifies gaps and drives solutions on production performance relative to the requested production schedule.
- Reviews sales forecast with plant and sales group on a monthly basis and, suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand.
- Timely reporting of key metrics to plant leaders to include progress of projects and associated barriers.
- Supports projects and production meetings to review dispatch report and performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications to reduce barriers to on-time order completion. Updates the Master Production Plan as necessary.
- Monitors on-time performance and past due root causes and works to implement corrective actions.
- Works with Project Management, Engineering, Materials, and Operations to schedule the production of large custom projects. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately, utilizing standard technology and documentation methodology.
- Communicates proactively with customers and suppliers to resolve issues that may impact the facilities ability to meet shipping schedules.
Requirements for Demand Planning Supervisor:
- Demonstrates, through actions, a commitment to the philosophy of continuous improvement and multi-disciplined problem-solving teams in all aspects of performance.
- Works individually and as a team to develop and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with employees at all levels; conducts team assessments and develops training to ensure capabilities are in place.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area free of excess materials.
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Production Planner & Scheduler with experience with inventory control, supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of various computer software applications including work processing, spreadsheets, and database software. Experience using MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents, technical procedures, or operating procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Microsoft Dynamic experience preferred.
- Knowledge and exposure to LEAN methodologies such as Kanban, data driven thinking, RCCM, etc.
Certifications for Demand Planning Supervisor: APICS certification and experience with CIRM, CPIM or CPM preferred.