Design Engineer responsibilities include:
- Creating design concepts for new and existing customers that conform to application specifications, specifications, performance requirements and applicable agency approvals.
- Ensuring designs for manufacturing perform to and meet all customer application parameters.
- Providing design support to manufacturing and manufacturing engineering to ensure manufacturing.
- Acting as the product design focal point for customer design changes or application assistance.
- Acting as the product design focal point for all tooling requirements related to specific designs for manufacturing.
- Acting as the product design focal point for quality assurance performance parameters as related to specific product designs.
- Completing assigned projects on-time and manage data reporting for completeness and accuracy.
Design Engineer Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of design experience in a manufacturing environment
- Expertise in the use of Solidworks preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Program
- Safety/quality minded
- Good work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate to employees, supervisors and management
- Takes responsibilities for own actions including the impact of own decisions on others.