Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Requisition: 7060
Description for Design Engineer:
We are currently looking for a qualified Foundry Design Engineer to join our expanding team. This position is responsible for development, design, and analysis of foundry systems. Additionally, this position requires working within a team environment with other areas such as System Engineering, Production Engineering, Customer Service, Sales and R&D testing. The ideal candidate will have direct foundry experience as a project engineer or involvement with the design, layout, and ROI of capital equipment projects.
Responsibilities for Design Engineer:
- Apply existing knowledge gained from working within the metal casting industry toward new solutions that will elevate the customer’s process.
- Green sand or no-bake processes will be the primary focus of this position.
- Create and modify engineering drawings in conformance to Systems methods to define equipment and parts accurately and clearly for manufacture.
- Grow and maintain a set of engineering design, analysis, CAD, manufacturing and equipment knowledge.
- Assist in the development of new market initiatives and support existing marketing strategies.
- Take a proactive approach in partnering with Sales and other departments to provide customers with competitive and accurate proposals.
- Continuously look for ways to control costs by optimizing critical design, eliminating unnecessary costs and help improve efficiency within the group.
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance productivity.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies and procedures.
Requirements for Design Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering experience designing capital industrial equipment is a plus.
- The ability to occasionally travel onsite for process evaluations, field measuring, commissioning, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer aided design systems, preferably AutoCAD, Inventor, and Vault.
- Resolve problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work related initiatives.
Employment includes: Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(K), on the job training, development and much more.