Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Chicago Area, IL
Job requisition: 7059
Description for Design Engineer:We are currently looking for a qualified Design Engineer to join our team This position is responsible for development, design, analysis, testing and start-up of technical sub-resonant vibratory products and systems. Additionally, this position requires working within a team environment with other areas such as Production Engineering, Customer Service, Sales and R&D testing.
Responsibilities for Design Engineer:
- Participate in the development, analysis, and testing of proprietary vibratory process equipment.
- Create and modify engineering drawings in conformance to GK methods to accurately and clearly define equipment and parts for manufacture.
- Perform essential stress/strain/vibratory and deflection analyses using a variety of calculations, and computer tools including Finite Element Analysis.
- Grow and maintain a set of engineering design, analysis, CAD, manufacturing and GK equipment knowledge.
- Assist in the development on new market initiatives and support existing marketing strategies.
- Take a proactive approach in partnering with Sales and other departments to provide customers with competitive and accurate proposals.
- Continuously look for ways to control costs by optimizing critical design, eliminating unnecessary costs and help improve efficiency within the group.
- Effectively utilize available technology to enhance productivity.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies and procedures.
Requirements for Design Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering experience designing capital industrial equipment is a plus.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and computer aided design systems, preferably Inventor and ANSYS FEA.
- Resolve problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Recognize and analyze potential high stress/strain areas of a design.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work related initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.