Design Engineers-2 (EE/ME/Structural/Civil)
Louisville, KY area
Job Requisition: 6910.1
Description for Design Engineer:
These 2 Design Engineers will develop new or existing products (military modular structures used to protect sensitive equipment and more). You will use cost effective mechanisms to improve overall productivity and value and perform research and mathematical modeling to analyze new development.
If you are an EE, we are looking for industrial/HCAV/high and low power)
Responsibilities for Design Engineer(s)
- Creates drawings and develops processes collaboratively with the Operations team for manufacturing of new, custom products (think welded, carefully designed systems that include electrical, mechanical and welded systems)
- Provides production support
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, customer requirements
- Plans and formulates engineering projects
- Provides support to Sales to help develop solutions to customer needs and requirements and provide preliminary drawings to customer.
- Develops cost estimates and budgets for new products and projects.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Prepares and presents interim and completion project reports.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs and drawings (mechanical or electrical)
Requirements for Design Engineer:
- BS Engineering (Mechanical OR Structural OR Electrical OR related)
- Minimum 0-5 years of experience, will consider a new grad for one of the 2 roles
- Experience leading projects or programs for the more sr. role
- Ability to communicate and present to multiple levels of organization
- Critical thinking, problem solving/analysis, and decision making