Desktop Support Technician
(Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6432
Description for Desktop Support Technician:
The Desktop Support Technician position will require the ability to analyze and resolve technical problems and provide technical support for end users. Specialists will also be responsible for communication and escalation of major incidents and outages and must have the ability to communicate and work with a technical and non-technical audience. This position will be part of a high performing team delivering best in class IT services to the business and our customers.
Responsibilities for Desktop Support Technician:
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking.
- Give users access and permissions.
- Diagnose application software and hardware problems.
- Perform desktop troubleshooting for remote users.
- Build out new equipment and desktop workstations.
- Deploy laptops.
- Performing software installation and upgrades.
Requirements for Desktop Support Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (e.g., 2 year of technical support or IT experience)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Microsoft O365
- Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Able to simultaneously and successfully handle multiple, distinct tasks
- Nice to have: imaging, migration, or networking experience (knowledge of routers and switches)