Director of Operations (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6566
Description for Director of Operations:
The Director of Operations will act as site leader to direct and control the operations giving strategic guidance and direction to ensure business objectives are met. This role is responsible for all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule. Ensures that all products are produced on time, as cost efficiently as possible, and meet the high-quality standards of the company. In addition, ensures that the production technology is maintained and developed to support the technological market leadership
Responsibilities for Director of Operations:
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures to maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Promote a safety culture through training of individuals on procedures, expectations, and leading investigations of near misses and other incidents, sitewide.
- Develop the annual business plan in support of corporate objectives and monitor performance against plan, taking corrective actions to ensure all business objectives are met.
- Prepare and manage site budget and expenditures.
- Direct and monitor all site operations relating to the manufacturing, materials, facilities, and maintenance.
- Champions and demonstrates commitment through executing and auditing current state processes; seeking opportunities for improvements and driving Continuous Improvement solutions and problem-solving methodology to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance.
- Develop, implement, and manage planning that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning and scheduling, inventory, material, and cost elements to optimize inventory levels that allow for lean manufacturing.
- Maintains responsibility for hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides growth, training, and development opportunities to employees.
- Balances the needs of the business and employees, coordinates, and manages performance reviews, recruitment/hiring, salary adjustments, work schedules and conflict resolution/employee relations.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Oversee management of and drive continuous improvement activities through the development of lean tools with support from the Corporate Lean Enterprise team. Create a lean culture through effective management while striving for year over year improvements in KPIs.
- Responsible for designing and implementing company processes for order entry, procurement, inventory control, production planning, manufacture, test, and ship.
- Establish and monitor metrics and measurements of quality, reliability, on-time shipments, inventory, customer satisfaction, and financial goals.
- Partner with Quality & Regulatory department to maintain good manufacturing process in accordance with FDA guidelines, ISO9001, and ISO 13485
- Promotes Quality conscious leadership through proper adherence to quality system procedures, Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Requirements for Director of Operations:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, operations, materials management field or Engineering required. MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years of operations experience in a dynamic, high growth environment.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience with direct reports
- Previous experience leading in a highly regulated environment, medical devices experience is highly preferred
- Experience with manufacturing high-tech products such as electronics and software.
- Minimum 5 years’ lean manufacturing experience and knowledge required.
- Experience establishing KPI’s and managing towards key metrics
- Previous P&L ownership with a high level of business acumen
- Experience leading in a matrix environment
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening