Electrical Consulting Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6566
Description for Electrical Consulting Engineer:
The Electrical Consulting Engineer will have the opportunity to work with customers at the leading edge of electrical design in applications like electric machines, high performance power electronics, wireless power transfer, battery systems, and a wide variety of other applications. Whether through consulting to directly solve problems or support in our customer’s use of tools, this engineer will be involved in helping push technology forward by using engineering simulation of electromagnetic fields in and around components to aide design decisions that bring new classes of products to life.
The right candidate will become a key member of the technical staff; working and learning in an exciting and challenging technical environment. Success of the Electrical Engineer will be measured not only by helping to grow the company’s Electrical business, but also by continued development of technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries.
Responsibilities for Electrical Consulting Engineer:
- The Electrical Engineer will use software such as ANSYS Maxwell and related tools to complete the following:
- Technical Support - Provide Support to end users of ANSYS electromagnetic software by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Pre-sales Support - Work with account managers to determine the customer's software needs, answer customer questions during the sales process and provide software demos/presentations on a variety of subjects.
- Work with customers to determine their analysis requirements and expectations.
- Develop quotes/proposals by determining work scope, costs and schedules
- Work with customers to propose alternative design ideas
- Write analysis reports and other technical documents requested by the customer
- Technical Training - Teach ANSYS classes at client sites, on-line, and in company offices across the U.S. and Canada
Requirements for Electrical Consulting Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required; Master's degree considered a plus
- Documented industry experience with: ANSYS Maxwell or similar electromagnetic simulation software
- Design/analysis of low frequency electronics (e.g. electric machines, transformers, solenoids...)
- Experience with any of the following multiple applications including analysis of electric machines, power electronics component design, transformers, solenoids, or similar electromagnetic applications is ideal.
- Solid theoretical background in electromagnetic fields, circuits, and numerical methods
- Ability to communicate with customers on a technical pre-sales basis to help drive software and services sales
- Superb problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to work well in a group and independently.
- Strong technical writing and verbal skills
Desired for Electrical Consulting Engineer
- Interest in multiphysics (e.g. electromagnetic, structural, thermal, fluids, acoustics...)
- System level modeling expertise (Simplorer or similar)
- Interest in thermal simulation in CFD or FEA (CFX, Fluent, Icepak, ANSYS)
- Ability to use 3-D CAD to build or simplify models
- Optimization and DOE methods
- Basic scripting/programming skills in any of the following: J-script, Python, C#, VB, .Net, C++
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening