ElectricalControls Engineer (Direct Hire)
Downers Grove, IL
Description for ElectricalControls Engineer:
The Electrical Controls Engineer will be working on large-scale industrial automation projects for various clients and tasked with programming PLC’s, HMI’s and VFD’s.
Responsibilities for ElectricalControls Engineer:
- Follow your assigned projects from Kick-Off to Start-Up Complete.
- Specify Components and Design Architecture of Electrical Control Systems per industry standard practices.
- Supervise the Drafting and Design Group with development of Schematics and Layouts.
- Supervise the Panel Fabrication Technicians with assembly of Control Panels.
- Development of PLC and HMI programming.
- VFD and Servo Motion programming.
- Testing and Simulation of Systems.
- Commissioning and Start-Up of Industrial Equipment in the field.
- Electrical Controls Field troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Occasional Service Support to Customers
- Overnight travel is required. (25-30%)
Requirements for ElectricalControls Engineer:
- BSEE, BSME, or equivalent degree
- Industrial Controls: 5 Years
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 5 Years [Rockwell, Siemens, Modicon]
- HMI Programming: 3 years [Wonderware, Factory Talk, Ignition]
- AutoCAD or equivalent: 3 years
- Basic VFD Control: 3 Years
- Basic PID Control Tuning Understanding and Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with hands-on work.
- A commitment to doing it right the first time.
- Servo Motion Control: 3 Years (Kinetix or similar preferred)
- Safety PLC Programming: 3 Years
- Advanced VFD Control (Coordination/Registration): 3 years
- Cascading/Nested PID Control
- Process & Instrumentation Diagram Understanding
- UL 508A and SCCR Training
- Desire to mentor or supervise Junior Engineers
- Willingness and/or Desire to Travel Internationally
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.