Electrical Controls Engineer(Direct Hire)
Description for Electrical Controls Engineer:
Responsibilities include programming & commissioning the control systems (PLC and HMIs) for R+D Custom Automation systems (Allen Bradley equipment). This includes definitions of all electrical components and testing operation of the machinery to ensure it meets all the criteria set by the customer.
Responsibilities forElectrical Controls Engineer:
- Produce error free, cost-effective drawings.
- Develop PLC and HMI applications.
- Meet timelines and budget given for assignments.
- Be innovative in designs, looking for increased quality and cost effectiveness.
- Assist service department with quoting and processing Bill of Materials.
- Assist sales department with quoting projects, including field inspections.
- Generate detailed ECNs as required.
- Assist project managers in the design and detailing portions of projects.
- Assume project engineer responsibilities for small to medium size projects.
Requirements forElectrical Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or 5 years control systems experience.
- Proficient in using current release of AutoCAD.
- Thorough understanding of PLC’s and programming
- Thorough understanding of HMI’s and configuring
- Knowledge of control components (sensors, motor control devices, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with others within the organization.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with outside customers.
- Be dependable. This includes minimal absences and giving the effort required to get the job done.
- Follow and maintain all company policies and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Propose ideas to help customers and team members.