Electrical Design Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Cleveland area, Ohio
Job Requisition: 6434
Description for Electrical Design Engineer:
The Electrical Design Engineer will lead the electrical design of rugged optical components and subsystems to operate in harsh environments. Will be lead electrical design projects from customer requirements to launch. US Citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for Electrical Design Engineer:
- Designs and develops optical components and subsystem products through customer requirements and the feasibility and Engineering Requirements Specification (ERS) .
- Details electrical designs, including high speed communications, analog, digital, microcontroller, and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) elements
- Performs front-end simulation or physical testing of a detailed design.
- Completes analytic and hands-on work needed for Design Verification Testing (DVT) to confirm design output meets design input.
- Performs off-site product compliance testing to applicable standards, as necessary.
- Works cross-functionally on the integration of new products from concept into production and full release.
- Creates documentation required to meet AS9100 and design processes and standards, including AS9145, PPAP DFMEA and DFM.
- Investigates and researches applicable new technologies, component sources, and suppliers.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains supply chains involved with the electrical content of company’s rugged transceiver modules.
- Troubleshoots and optimizes circuits which may include soldering small components, wires, and test points.
- Assists with data sheet creation, application notes, project work documentation, and technical support of customer requirements.
Requirements for Electrical Design Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree required.
- 2+ years electrical engineering experience
- Experience with circuit design and electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, BERTs, power supplies, etc.
- Experience with electrical/electronic systems and troubleshooting circuits.
- Knowledge and experience working with high-speed communication systems and protocols such as IEEE 802.xx, High Speed Ethernet, Fibre Channels, etc.
- Experience working in firmware design
- Basic knowledge of programming languages and embedded code.
- Experience working with micro-processors, controlled equipment such as electro-mechanical systems, embedded controllers, A/C D/C motors, fluidics, thermal control
- Ability to read and understand drawings/schematics, technical documents, user manuals and test plans.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed test plans.
- Ability to present technical material to non-technical small groups
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- US Citizenship required