Electrical Engineer Automation (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6902
Description for Electrical Engineer Automation:
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Electrical Engineer within our Automation Division at our facility. Our Client best-in-class custom manufacturer that delivers plastics solutions in tooling, molding, and equipment technologies to help customers around the world bring innovative products to market.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design of electrical control circuits along with machine software and programming architecture.
Responsibilities for Electrical Engineer Automation:
- Design of complete AC/DC electrical control circuits, network layout, panel layout, and enclosure layouts using AutoCAD.
- Understanding of electrical switches, relays, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, digital devices, analog devices, etc.
- Programming of PLC / PAC machine controls and HMI interfaces. May need to work with and modify existing "template" software.
- Responsible for safety circuit design and understanding of safety categories.
- Programming of ancillary devices including but not limited to servo systems, robotics, vision, and motion controllers.
- Perform electrical calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Support customer start-ups, factory acceptance testing, and on-site service support as necessary.
- Assist in ancillary production functions such as purchasing, costing, and assembly.
- Determine and document bill-of-material lists and order components for specific projects.
- Work with outside vendors such as electrical panel building shops in order to assure designs are properly executed and schedules maintained.
- Assist in mechanical assembly, other production duties, or organizational activities (Ex. inventory adjustments, re-arrangement of work areas, etc.) not necessarily directly related to electrical controls, in order to meet deliveries.
- Provide customer service technical support.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Electrical Engineer Automation:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience is preferred
- Must be able to work independently from supervisor and team with minimal guidance.
- Understand typical industrial wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Understanding of basic industrial controls circuitry (emergency stop, typical motor starting circuits).
- Ability to design using AutoCAD.
- General software structure and programming knowledge & experience (knowledge of loops, Boolean logic, conditional statements, etc.).
- Specific experience programming industrial PLCs, experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCad or equivalent design software is required.
- Must be proficient using RSLogix software.
- This position may require travel up to 20% for initial machine installations, site acceptance tests, service work, trade shows, and customer visits.