Electrical Engineer II(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6960
Description for Electrical Engineer II:
The Electrical Engineer to work with Digital Application Engineering team in Huntsville, AL. This person is a multi-disciplinary engineer with a background in Electrical Engineering with additional Software, System, Mechanical, and/or Chemical Engineering expertise who has the ability to develop processes and design equipment for inkjet printing utilizing principles and technology of chemistry, physics, mathematics, electronics, software, engineering, and related physical and natural sciences. Experience with mechanical systems, fluid systems, software printing systems or other industrial equipment will be required
Responsibilities for Electrical Engineer II:
- Designing, writing and testing programs designed to run printing systems
- Participating in meetings to determine project direction and priorities
- Participating in design reviews for electronics and software systems
- Improving, revising and extending code base to improve reusability and fix bugs
- Designing electronics hardware for various applications (less frequently)
- Writing firmware to control electronics hardware designed in house
- Developing and testing FPGA programs to control printheads in printing systems
- Assisting in transferring electronics and software over to manufacturing side of business for production
- Writing user documentation to facilitate operation of software and printing systems
- Other inkjet related engineering projects as needed in the areas of: Supporting Subsystem, Color Management, Ink and Substrate interaction, and Evaluation of new printheads and suitability of use with company inks
Requirements for Electrical Engineer II:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of electrical design engineering experience
- Demonstrate broad and extensive software development background required.
- Firmware development experience in C and/or C++
- Experience in software development in Windows, C#, dot Net environment a plus.
- FPGA & VHDL programming experience a plus.
- Electronics design involving microprocessors a plus.
- PCB (printed circuit board) design experience a plus.
- Experience in OrCAD Schematic Capture, Xilinx Vivado or other FPGA Programming
- Embedded C/C++ Development ARM Tools (Keil), Visual Studio/.NET C#/C++ test software programming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good methodical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exhibit the ability to complete design tasks in a timely manner
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.