Electrical Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 7014
Description for Electrical Engineer:
The position develops and applies new technologies for use in Client safety systems or the manufacture of those systems for trucks, trailers, commercial vehicles, agricultural and off-highway equipment, buses, and emergency vehicles. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of work experience designing low voltage linear and buck boost circuits in an Automotive or Consumer Electronics environment. Candidates with LED lighting experience are heavily preferred.
Responsibilities for Electrical Engineer:
- Responsible for applying the principles of electricity and electronics to develop electrical products and systems. They perform risk assessments and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Use basic science and mathematics methodology or extensive experience to develop new design rules, develop new procedures, utilize specialized design techniques, develop new processes and evaluate deviations from procedures through the use of information from experimentation, published research, customer specifications, government requirements, due care, warranty, corporate needs, training and market input.
- An interface with suppliers to define Client's technological and component needs.
- Provides product development information and status to NPI Proprietary Core Team.
- Analyzes and verifies production process deviation requests.
- Develops data and root cause verification in support of warranty improvement issues.
- Mentor and motivate other employees
- Ability to lead training for new processes and design rules
- The ability to be a knowledge broker, i.e., learn new skills and teach them to others.
- Learning new concepts and folding them into systems by making them standard.
- Flexibility and ability to work in many different areas, such as Project Management.
- Supervises generation of mock-ups and prototypes.
Requirements for ElectricalEngineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of Electrical Engineering Experience
- Electrical Design experience
- Experience working with Altium, AutoCAD, FMEA, PCB Design, Circuit Design
- Mentoring Junior Engineers
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering