Electrical Engineer– New Product Development(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6874
Description for Electrical Engineer – New Product Development
The Electrical Engineer will join a growing, highly collaborative, dedicated Engineering team. This team focuses their efforts on Research and Development for Sterilizers and associated products utilized in hospitals around the world. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation associated with the electrical systems. Independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in executing product development and validation.
Responsibilities for Electrical Engineer – New Product Development
- Leads system and subsystem level design for NPD Projects.
- Electrical, Control and Instrumentation System design/development and testing/validation
- Applies code/standards guidelines and requirements to develop compliant product designs.
- Participates in writing requirements, test protocol, test reports and other project and regulatory documentation
- Ensures development and execution of appropriate test plans
- Leads continuous improvement efforts (design and certification, process systems, products Incorporating new technologies (state of the art) / innovations in certain disciplines.
- Collaborates w/ Marketing, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing, Service, Supply Chain, Regulatory.
- Supervises interactions with vendors, suppliers and consultants to assure engineering models and prototype parts comply with designs and specifications.
- Provides support/input into technical roadmap at systems or assembly level.
Requirements for Electrical Engineer – New Product Development:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering General
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and capable of working across multiple assigned projects; report generation
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Serviceability experience
- Experience with design controls process in a highly regulated industry; medical preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including schedule, resource needs, technical scope definition and providing electrical engineering guidance to project team engineers, designers and technicians
- Familiarity with controlling electro-mechanical devices such as motors, solenoids, and heaters
- Understanding of machine electrical hardware, such as wiring, connectors, mechanical packaging, thermal considerations, and power management.
- Knowledge of Medical Electrical Standards (IEC 61010-1, 61010-2-40, 61326-1) a plus.
- Experience in creating requirements and test procedures for electrical systems and printed circuit board assemblies
- Understanding of design and application of various sensor technologies, such as pressure transducers and thermal couples/RTDs
- Familiarity with user interface technologies, such as touch-screen displays, printers, and other HMI accessories
- Understanding of machine communication protocols
- Travel up to 15% including internationally
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.