Electrical Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6920.1
Description for Electrical Engineer:
This engineer will be working specifically on new product development of EV vehicles. Developing electrical systems for a new vehicle to basic electrical systems and harness for backend of a truck. Main job functions are to design, implement, test and improve electrical components and systems for assigned projects and programs centered around the EV vans. The engineer will be working on developing new or improved electrical systems and products to meet customer specifications that comply with all appropriate regulations and are cost effective for the company.
Responsibilities for Electrical Engineer:
• Design, implement, test, and improve electrical components and systems for assigned projects and programs
• Use appropriate design methodology, software and equipment as required to complete assigned projects.
• Develop DFMEA (Failure mode and effects analysis) and appropriate test plans for products in development
• Confer with other engineers, sales, business development, and customers to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
• Lead coordination with vendors during product development cycle from Business Phase through handoff to Supply Chain during the Pilot Phase of the NPD Process
• Create subsystem and component level development timing plans for assigned projects and programs
• Provide costing data for assigned truck segments/products from initial estimates through supplier quotes
• Lead development of body specific wiring harnesses to include integration with chassis electrical components and controls
• Compile data and write reports regarding projects in progress.
• Supports and participates in Clients PPS team efforts.
• Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities.
• Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 1-3 years of experience in related manufacturing field
- Working Knowledge of Solidworks
- DFMEA experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with a sense of urgency
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.