Electrical NPI Engineer (Direct Hire)
Description for Electrical NPI Engineer:
The NPI Engineer develops customer relationships and implements engineering, systems, processes, and documentation to ensure smooth and responsive engineering and manufacturing operations for customers’ products as a manufacturing services provider.
Responsibilities for Electrical NPI Engineer:
- Follow robust, repeatable process parameters and process controls
- Identifies solutions to production problems that reduce labor efficiency, improve quality, decrease work in process and scrap.
- Creates/maintains documentation for active assemblies.
- Creates/maintains documentation for procurement of custom components.
- Performs engineering change process on bill of materials, work instruction and manufacturing process.
- Provides technical guidance and liaison to product operations, assists the supervisor on new techniques and determines the root causes of rejected parts and their disposition.
- Provides the primary technical interface for customers.
- Supports customers on manufacturing and design for manufacturing issues.
- Transitions customers’ products into standard manufacturing processes in a timely manner and on budget.
- Perform special projects and other related work as required or requested.
- Follow corporate policy and procedure related to the access, use, distribution, protection and destruction of client and company confidential data.
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills between customers and internal employees to deliver quality products accurately in a timely manner.
- Supports Marketing and Sales during new customer prospecting.
Requirements for Electrical NPI Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Three or more years of demonstrated experience moving products from design into production (will consider recent internship experience that is comparable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office experience.
- ERP system experience.