Embedded Software Engineer(Direct Hire)
Sun Prairie, WI
Description for Embedded Software Engineer:
Develop and test firmware for: embedded controllers, their related support equipment, motor drives, sensors, AC and DC power supplies, and servo controllers all used in deep sea actuator products.
Responsibilities forEmbedded Software Engineer:
- Firmware development, typically in C.
- Embedded system debugging.
- Experience with schematic capture software, PCB design experience also a plus.
- Confer with engineers, customers and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Work on engineering designs, preparing reports, specifications, calculations, equipment selection, and cost estimates for various projects
- Estimating one’s own required labor time.
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables.
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Data collection, manipulation, analysis, and reporting.
Requirements forEmbedded Software Engineer:
- B.S. degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer science, physics, or in a related field with applicable work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience embedded software engineering experience.
- Knowledge of C programming, microprocessors and circuit design.
- Working knowledge of printed circuit boards, microprocessors, IC’s, electronic lab equipment and general computer hardware and software.
- Experience maintaining a product line: implementing design improvements while maintaining backwards compatibility.
- Software revision control.