Embedded Systems Engineer (Direct Hire)
Auburn Hills, MI
Job Requisition: 6573
Description for Embedded Systems Engineer:
The Embedded Systems Engineer will be responsible for firmware architecture, design, and development of the next generation of our smart pet products. This position plays a vital role in supporting the life cycle of an entire range of products right from its inception to the final implementation of the software application. The ideal candidate for this role will share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities for Embedded Systems Engineer:
- Design technical solutions on embedded systems to support IoT smart pet products.
- Develop electronic subsystems and board-level designs.
- Conduct integration and system-level testing.
- Programming, solving, and debugging with detailed knowledge in machine control and multi-threaded / multi-core programming environments, software applications, and device layering programs.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development issues.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Staying current with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Requirements for Embedded Systems Engineer:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of Embedded Systems Experience
- Understanding of:
- Embedded systems at a low-level
- Low-Level Hardware (discreet inexpensive sensors)
- Low-Level Software (bare metal on low cost MCU, CPU registers etc.)
- Digital and analog components and circuits
- General-purpose input/output (GPIO)
- PIC and ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- PWM motor and LED control
- Networks (UART, I2C, SPI, BLE, WiFi)
- Bootloader usage and design
- JTAG / ICE
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded FreeRTOS
- Experience with power supplies, meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with soldering and basic electronic hand tools
- Experience with defining and running product testing
- Experience with source control tools (IE: BitBucket)
- Experience with C and C++ programming
- Experience with successfully taking products to market
Desired for Embedded Systems Engineer:
- Experience in IoT and/or embedded software and/or other smart home solutions
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Experience with SOC modules
- Ability to independently recognize issues and deep dive for solutions
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening