Engineering Manager – Direct Hire
Job Requisition: 6810
Description for Engineer Manager:
This position is responsible for direct management of a diverse team of engineers, supporting all phases of execution for internal and commercial projects and advising global customers during construction thru performance & guarantee testing across a variety of sectors. Team activities include developing basic engineering deliverables such as heat and weight balances, PFDs, equipment specifications, and P&IDs. Other activities for this role’s reports include working in diverse environments and leading/participating on start-up teams. This role will also provide mentoring to all engineering disciplines assigned to projects.
Responsibilities for Engineer Manager:
- Provides direct management to a group of engineers (i.e., Process, Instrumentation and Global Services). Includes performance management, approvals of time and expense reports, assignments of projects and tasks, and goals establishment and management.
- Provides technical leadership and coaching for the preparation of engineering process design packages for demonstration and commercial scale processing facilities
- Works with the Global Services team and plant operating personnel to troubleshoot operation issues & monitoring of the department’s budget
- Leads in the continuous improvement efforts of company’s design methodologies and tools to address customers’ needs and productivity.
- Contributes and adheres to company’s safety standards and practices. Shares best practices and promotes safety awareness.
- Manages internal and external projects and teams executing feasibility studies and basic engineering designs. Develops scope and project plans for new projects, including estimates for project costs, schedules, and timelines. Delivers on-schedule and within project budgets.
- Responds to client needs in a timely manner with technically sound positions
- Interacts with third parties such as customers, equipment vendors, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors, engineering firms, and industry consultants
- Provides support for basic engineering packages which includes, but is not limited to:
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s)
- Detailed Heat and Weight Balances (H&WB’s)
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Equipment lists and specifications
- Utilizes specified software, models and company’s proprietary tools to develop designs and validates calculations and equipment specification information pre-packaged by the department’s Process Engineering team.
- Participates in process HAZOPs and risk identification and mitigation activities for demonstration and commercial scale plants
Requirements for Engineer Manager:
- 4 yr. Engineering degree in Chemical, Petroleum or related Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience comprised of project execution and supporting plant operations in addition to capital project development and management.
- Experience leading teams.
- Proven experience in developing and managing groups accountable for delivering engineering design packages and start-up services
- Ability to implement engineering concepts into functional process designs, as well as troubleshoot operating units and develop sound engineering solutions is required
- Experience with specification of equipment such as reactors, tanks, heat exchangers pumps, vessels and process simulation
- Practical experience in developing PFDs, P&ID’s, and process equipment specification sheets required
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation, control valves, and control loops
- The ability to operate in a fast paced, global, entrepreneurial environment.
- A valid passport is required
Education: BS in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or comparable engineering discipline
**Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.