Field Service Technician (Direct Hire)
Crystal Lake, IL (Remote Possibility)
Job Requisition: 7052
Description for Field Service Technician:
Our clientis the premier manufacturer of vibrating equipment for the processing of bulk materials. From vibratory feeders to entire process systems, Our client creates the solutions customers require to process even the most difficult materials
We are currently looking for a qualified Field Service Technician to join their team. This position provides technical assistance for our equipment to our customers worldwide. Additionally, this position requires working within a team environment with other areas such as Contract Sales, Component Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing.
Responsibilities for Field Service Technician:
- Troubleshoot equipment primarily in the field and at times in the office.
- Oversee equipment modification
- Assist and/or participate in test and tuning of equipment.
- Document service activities and results.
- Provide on-site training and preventive maintenance inspections for our customers.
- Document and report any safety concerns as it relates to the installation and operation of our equipment.
- Promote the sale of component parts at customer sites.
- Provide constant feedback to Sales, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Fully support the Company’s ISO objectives, policies, procedures and the clients quality Program.
- Assist in research and development and demonstration activities.
- The willingness and ability to travel worldwide at any time, day or night, and the ability to travel 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
- The willingness and physical ability to work on our equipment which can include climbing ladders, crawling under objects and working in harsh conditions/jobsites.
- To understand basic business concepts and the ability to respond to customer requests.
- The willingness to work from existing policies and procedures and the ability to build technical knowledge.
- The ability to resolve problems by identifying and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively,
- distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information.
- The ability to take ownership and show support for work related initiatives.
- The ability to interact with others in order to produce meaningful outcomes.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
Requirements for Field Service Technician:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in metalworking, power transmissions, mechanical equipment, electrical control and/or programming a plus.
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.