Firmware Engineer – Contract to Hire
Job Requisition: 7044
Description for Firmware Engineer:
This Firmware Engineer is responsible for designing, development, and implementation of firmware for embedded systems of new and existing products. The focus being on developing new and innovative electronic motor and control systems for existing and new product lines within each business unit of the client. The scope of the role spans on providing firmware considerations, internally and externally at all stages of a project. Additionally, they will also Interface with hardware design engineers with emphasis on microcontrollers, microprocessors, wireless radio modules (BLE, WiFi, Cellular), sensors and motion control and Integration of new or existing products with IoT platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
Requirements for Firmware Engineer:
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 2-4 years of applicable work experience with a focus on New Product Development and understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Capability of managing both firmware and hardware. Understanding software, and interface between product and cloud.
- Ability to program management skills scheduling making commitments from a development timeline and support standpoint and what efforts and needs are for various projects. Relevant experience with new product development and product design role
- Familiarity with the design of motors, controls, user interfaces and software
- Program management skills scheduling; making commitments from a development timeline and support standpoint. Support efforts and needs for various projects.
- Experience with systems design: motors, controls, user interfaces, systems interfaces.
- Experience with wired / wireless communications protocols: RS232, RS485, Z-wave, Zigbee, BTLE, WiFi
- Proficiency working with outside resources to direct development of new innovation.
Education: BS in Engineering