Firmware Engineer (Direct Hire)
Valparaiso, IN OR HYBRID (remote MIGHT be considered for a strong fit)
Job Requisition: 6826
Description for Firmware Engineer:
Smaller Midwest co. (Owned by UK 1B co) is seeking a mid-level Firmware Engineer to develop embedded software for life saving gas detection, measurement and pipe locating devices. The Firmware/Embedded Platform has been built, Team total size is 18. With work on NPD and sustaining.
- Will write software in a structured manor
- Will debug software/hardware and some Testing
- Develop & maintain documentation – test procedures, software specs, manuals, etc.
- Use lab equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, data acquisition equipment, power supplies
- Conduct field failure analysis & develop resolutions based on customer complaints.
- 3+ years firmware experience (2+ years might be ok for right candidate). This is not an entry level position-no new grads
- BS degree, possibly Associates, prefer computer science or engineering but experience is more important than type of degree
- Proficiency in C or Assembly, (C++ might be ok)
- Exp MSP430*, which is older, is very helpful as it is still on 99% of their products
- FREE RTOS highly preferred, RTOS a must
Nice to Have for Firmware Engineer:
- Familiar with communication protocols like RS232, Ethernet, USB, Flash, EEPROM, ADC/DAC. SPI or I²C are pluses
- Experience with one of the following architectures: ARM, AVR, STM32 F4/L4