General Manager(Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6955
Description for General Manager:
The General Manager is an aggressive minded leader who strives to improve the level of “operational excellence” daily. The role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations and commercial activities for the factory. Working closely with the senior Leadership, the General Manager will lead and direct all functional areas of the business to sustain outstanding operational and financial performance metrics.
Responsibilities for General Manager:
- Assume full profit and loss responsibilities for the facility.
- Create a “Team” environment amongst the factory leadership support group.
- Continue to drive the implementation and support of World Class Manufacturing strategies.
- Refining and implement a strategic vision and action plan for the facility
- Create a strategy with plans to further strengthen and broaden existing customer relationships.
- Accountable to implement a process of financial discipline ensuring the development of solid business planning models, e.g. budgets
- Responsible to implement a manufacturing strategy that includes refining product and process engineering initiatives.
- Works effectively with other factories within the Group to execute North American wide sales programs.
- Expected to improve overall factory operating efficiencies applying Lean philosophies.
- Development and Management of plant KPI's against Business Plan targets.
- Manage compliance to all Provincial and Federal Environmental Regulator requirements and lead in terms of HS&E initiatives as it relates to facility and equipment compliance.
- Coordinates production/planning activities to ensure new products are launched in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develops, manages, and maintains departmental plans, budgets, capacity utilization (labor and equipment)
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of the factory over all goals.
- Complies with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and OHSA.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
- A “hands on” floor savvy leader with a passion for improving all aspects of the business.
- Technically competent. Has the judgment and experience required to know what it takes to get the job done
- Flexible and innovative. Willing to accept new approaches and ideas. Enthused, positive and highly motivated. A “self-starter.”
- A good planner and implementer. Makes things happen.
- Organized. Establishes objectives and goals, then sees that they are met.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Challenges and encourages the organization.
- Strong business orientation. Sees the “big picture.” Understands how various functions
- integrate and the importance of the entire organization working as a single team.
- Personal commitment to high quality standards.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to formulate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a “Lean and Mean” resource conscious organization
Requirements for General Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, business, finance). Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten (10)+ years diverse professional and managerial experience including financial/budget responsibility, management, leadership and strategic decision making/leadership in a manufacturing setting
- Strong state-of-the-art manufacturing orientation within the steel components and assembly manufacturing industry.
- Have a solid understanding of quality systems and is familiar with SPC, DOE (Design of Experiments), FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and close tolerances required today in the manufacturing sector.
- Adept in working with employees and setting high standards.
- Technically competent with hands-on knowledge of metal fabrication manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of the concepts of synchronous manufacturing and lean production manufacturing
- methodologies and the ability to formulate and implement a tactical plan.