Health IT Specialist (Direct Hire)
Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
Job Requisition: 6338
Description for Health IT Specialist:
The Health IT Specialist will provide technical expertise and support via phone and online chat for diagnostic medical devices and clinical software applications, including EMR software integrations. Will work with internal and external customers to identify, troubleshoot and resolve EMR connectivity related issues integrated with Company’s medical devices.
Responsibilities for Health IT Specialist:
- Provide user technical support for medical device products via phone, email, chat, and remote assist sessions (i.e. Cisco WebEx, and MS Teams)
- Troubleshoot, document, and resolve reported issues related to medical device products, escalating to Tier II support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot basic to moderate complexity of Windows operating systems and network communication issues
- Troubleshoot EMR connectivity issues related to software and device integrations. EMR partners include Cerner, Allscripts, Nextgen, GE Centricity, Athena, eClinicalWorks, etc.
- Update technical troubleshooting guides and department resources.
- In depth knowledge of testing and updating various products
- Identify part numbers/pricing for internal/external customers
- Participate in continuous process improvements (MPS) and work cross-functionally to provide customer insights to improve products
- Document customer complaints via incident management application so high impacting customer issues can be trended and acted upon
- Follow-up with customers to ensure their issue has been resolved
- Validate Company software and hardware in preparation for clinical training
- Maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers
Requirements for Health IT Specialist:
- Associates degree in Health Information Management, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years experience supporting Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software and hardware integrations within a medical device environment
- Experience troubleshooting networking (RDP, Citrix, and VMware)
- Experience troubleshooting Windows OS (Win 7, 8 and 10)
- Experience configuring Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Basic understanding of API integrations
- Basic understanding of Health Level 7 (HL7) preferred
- Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT) preferred
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – Database Fundamentals Certification preferred
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Core Series 220-1001 & 220-1002) preferred
- CompTIA Network+ Certification preferred