HR Assistant (Contract)
Job Requisition: 6395
Description for HR Assistant:
180 Engineering is partnered with a government municipality located in Aurora, IL. They are seeking an HR Assistant to work within the Human Resources department performing administrative tasks. This is a long-term Contract opportunity with the potential for hire.
Responsibilities for HR Assistant:
- Interacting and responding to inquiries in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Researching, obtaining, organizing, preparing, and distributing data, reports, memos, documents, and other pertinent information relating to the Human Resources department.
- Updating employee file information.
- Maintaining employee related records.
- Assist employees with general questions and relations.
- Assist with scheduling and maintaining office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned related to organization projects.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Two years administrative support or clerical experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Requires ability to keep matters in confidence.
- Requires working knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures in municipal government.
- Requires ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires ability to perform research; organize, prepare, and present findings accurately and concisely.
- Requires ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Superior interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills with pleasant phone communication ability.