Innovation Scientist/Engineer(Direct Hire)Valparaiso, IN
Job Requisition: 6989
Description for Innovation Scientist/Engineer:
Our client is part of a global company that makes hand-held devices and stationary equipment that saves lives by detecting potential gas leaks/explosion risks which are used by First Responders. Their newest product are field-based stationary sensing equipment used in the gas pipeline industry. The company is owned by a 1B+ UK based firm that makes products sold worldwide for hazard protection resulting in lives being saved.
If you are ready for a very attractive career with our client, and genuinely passionate about the innovation process (customer and market needs, testing, validation and communication with both internal leadership and customers) this may be the right role for you. We are open to a Chemical/Chemistry/Physic degreed engineer but will consider other types of engineers who are very comfortable spending much of their time in lab, and 5-10% travel with the Program Owner.
You will work with members of the growing Innovation Group to identify, prototype, and test new sensing and other technologies for eventual use in product development efforts.
We are open to a new graduate, especially one with advanced education and a genuine interest in innovation.
Responsibilities for Innovation Scientist/Engineer:
- Engage with the Production Group and Validation/Test Group on an as needed basis to help identify issues and their root causes.
- Test existing products, evaluating their efficacy and performance.
- Continue to build out the automated testing capabilities, many which are manual now.
- As a member of the technical staff, from time to time engage with any necessary group to provide technical insight.
- Work with current and potential customers to help support and pilot new technologies.
- Some travel will be anticipated for this role on an as needed basis(minimal)
- Be able to use a variety of testing equipment like oscilloscopes, multimeters, current/voltage supply.
Requirementsfor Innovation Scientist/Engineer:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical, Physics highly preferred
- Testing experience
- Intertest in being a vital technical team member in a newly created division