IT PMO Director(Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6967
Description for IT PMO Director:
Under the direct of the Chief Information Officer, the IT PMO Director will oversee the governance and standards for executing IT projects. He / she will be responsible for engaging with IT vendors, internal IT team and operations / functional stakeholders to evaluate requirements, validate business cases, prioritize & track projects, ensure conformance to PMO standards, review & communicate project status, etc. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining IT policies, tracking department key metrics, coordinating IT audits and performing quarterly application & system access reviews among other activities.
Responsibilities for IT PMO Director:
- Partner with operations & functional stakeholders to identify / evaluate business requirements, prepare project charter and business case.
- Build and manage of team of business analysts and project managers.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of current and future business needs.
- Develop and/or maintain appropriate project governance standards and templates.
- Engage with IT vendors & internal IT team to identify effort & cost for initiatives and prioritize development work.
- Ensure PMO guidelines & protocols are followed appropriately.
- Drive adoption of ITIL & PDLC best practices.
- Proactively drive projects end-to-end from inception through post-production.
- Assist IT team with project planning, score-carding, tracking, change management, communication & lesson learnt sessions.
- Play the role of IT Project Manager on strategic and tactical projects.
- Define and measure project success metrics.
- Ensure project business cases are tracked and reviewed as appropriate.
- Track and report on IT Department’s key performance metrics.
- Maintain IT standards, policies, and procedures documentation.
- Performs other duties assigned as related to the position.
Requirements for IT PMO Director:
- Requires the ability to think logically, analyze and interpret abstract and complex systems and application programming problems with efficiency and precision.
- Customer relationship focused, process driven, metric focused, results oriented, organized, self-directed.
- Requires training and presentation skills.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Requires experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Requires knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) processes.
- Requires proficiency in automated Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IT
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with City personnel, other agencies, and vendor support personnel.
- Requires ability to work on weekends and second/third shifts on occasion.
Qualifications for IT PMO Director:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines.
- Requires ten (10) years of work experience as a PM or Project Lead under a PMO structure
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred