IT Site Administrator (Contract)
Mentor, OHJob Requisition: 6788
Description forIT System Site Administrator:
- The Senior IT Site Administrator independently supports an entire manufacturing facility for a wide variety of systems and applications. Occasionally acts on behalf of the IT Site Manager during extended absences. Serves as the facility technical expert.
- Deploys the release of network, telephony and data communication technologies. Designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of operating systems, related utilities, software and hardware. Responsible for troubleshooting technology issues as reported by users. Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products. Supports web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment. Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth. Provides first, second and third level support to the user community.
- Plans and implements company standard infrastructure and manages system upgrades and migrations.
- Provide primary and/or secondary support for site specific business applications.
- Provides leadership, insight, and technical experience to management within the assigned facility and Corporate technology departments. Drives technical solutions that support short and long term business plans. Provides project management and assumes budgetary responsibilities. Serves as a mentor, coach, and trainer to IT professionals within the department.
Responsibilities forIT System Site Administrator:
Infrastructure Support (25percent)
- Addresses higher level support and troubleshooting for Telecomm and Network.
- Implements, maintains, and troubleshoots Active Directory permissions and group policies.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Maintains infrastructure security including operating system security patches and virus defense.
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots Windows operating systems, software applications and patches.
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Domains and Domain controllers.
- Reconciles Microsoft and other software licenses.
- Setup and deploys applications using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Setup and manages backup and recovery software solutions.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and supports physical and virtual servers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems with infrastructure configurations and hardware.
- Monitors performance, capacity and operational statistics for networking, telephony, and data communications infrastructure.
- Assists database administrators in troubleshooting client/server environments.
End User Technical Support Facility Technical Expert (50 percent)
- Highly proficient in providing higher level technical support. (Desktop/Software Peripherals)
- Builds software install packages with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Provides security oversight to computers and physical facility security.
- Installs and maintains support for networking, telephony, and data communications infrastructure. Includes operating systems, applications and servers, e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense, web services, remote access, network security, voice and data communications, and voice messaging.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintains and troubleshoots VPN remote access.
- Provides primary and/or secondary support for site specific business applications, either purchased or developed using standard Microsoft Office products.
Leadership & Project Management (25 percent)
- Provides 7 x 24 x 365 support
- Conducts training for end-users.
- Works autonomously with less direct supervision
- Partners with Corporate teams inside and outside of IT.
- Tests backup options
- Performs hardware and software purchasing by interfacing with vendors and accounting.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Manages quotes and delivers results (i.e. Hardware and Software)
- Supports and runs projects while maintaining a budget.
- Provides recommendations regarding the organization’s local systems, architecture, etc.
- Serves as a mentor and coach to staff members on analysis and resolution
Requirements forIT System Site Administrator:
- Minimum of 5-7 plus years’ experience within IT Service Desk, Network, Desktop, and servers
- Minimum of 3-5 years in system administration of Windows and Virtual Servers required.
- Advanced experience troubleshooting skills (Desktop/Server). Higher level tiered support.
- Experience with standard Microsoft protocols (i.e. DNS and DHCP)
- Experience with server virtualization environments desired.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures using Microsoft operating systems, application suites and tools.
- Familiar with basic network concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience higher level processing and applications (servers).
- Project management experience.
- Lean manufacturing experience and knowledge preferred.
- Manufacturing support experience preferred.
- Technical proficiency with most of the following technologies:
Backup software (i.e. Backup Exec; VEEAM)
Windows Server – operating system platform
Exchange Server – email platform
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
Internet Information Server (IIS) –
Virtual server platform (i.e. VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Lean manufacturing experience and knowledge highly desired.