IT Systems Site Administrator (Contract to Hire)
Job Requisition: 6953
Description for IT Systems Site Administrator:
The IT Systems Site Administrator is highly skilled and performs the full range of duties and assignments with autonomy and limited guidance. This individual will deploy, configure, and maintain network, telephony, Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office suite of applications, data communication technologies and maintains facility infrastructure.
Designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of operating systems, related utilities, software and hardware. Responsible for troubleshooting technology issues as reported by users. Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products. Supports web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment. Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth. Provides first, second and third level support to the user community.
Responsibilities for IT Systems Site Administrator:
- 40%- 60% End User Technical Support (Highly Skilled)
- Provides higher level technical support. (Desktop/Software Peripherals).
- Provides security oversight to computer and physical facility security.
- Performs administration activities including routine maintenance and support for networking, telephony, and data communications infrastructure. Includes operating systems, applications and servers, e-mail systems, file and print systems, virus defense, web services, remote access, network security, voice and data communications, and voice messaging.
- Monitors performance, capacity, and operational statistics for networking, telephony, and data communications infrastructure.
- Provides Telecomm support
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintains and troubleshoots VPN remote access.
- Provides primary and/or secondary support for site specific business applications, either purchased or developed using standard Microsoft Office products.
- 30% Infrastructure Support
- Addresses higher level support and troubleshooting for Telecomm and Network.
- Implements, maintains, and troubleshoots Active Directory permissions, group policies
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Maintains infrastructure security including operating system security patches and virus defense.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots Windows operating systems, software applications and patches.
- Installs maintains and troubleshoots Microsoft Domains and Domain controllers.
- Implements Microsoft group policies.
- Reconciles Microsoft and other software licenses.
- Setup and deploys applications using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Setup and manages backup and recovery software solutions.
- Installs, maintains, and supports physical and virtual servers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems with infrastructure configurations and hardware.
- 15% - 30% Leadership & Project Management
- Provides 7 x 24 x 365 support
- Conducts training for end-users
- Increased interactions with Corporate teams; serves on part of the planning meetings.
- Tests backup options
- Performs hardware and software purchasing by interfacing with vendors and accounting.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Presents and implements solutions.
- Manages quotes and delivers results (i.e. Hardware and Software)
- Supports and runs projects while maintaining a budget.
- Serves as a mentor, trainer, and coach to staff members on analysis and resolution of problems
Requirements for IT Systems Site Administrator:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with IT Service Desk, Network, Desktop, and servers.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience performing system administrative experience position or equivalent on the job training is required.
- Advanced experience troubleshooting skills (Desktop/Server). Higher level tiered support.
- Minimum of 3 years in system administration of Windows and Virtual Servers required.
- Strong communication skills, ability to be collaborate and show initiative.
- Able to work on-call schedule.
- Comfortable with travel if needed.
- Technical proficiency with most of the following technologies:
- Virtual server platform (i.e. VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Backup software (i.e. Backup Exec; VEEAM)
- Windows Server – operating system platform
- Exchange Server – email platform
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- DNS and DHCP
- Active Directory