Contract to Hire
Description for Jr. Data Analyst:
The Data Analyst interprets data and analyzes results using statistical tools and techniques. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insights and insights into business decisions. Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor related data systems’ performance and data quality control plans to identify improvements.
Responsibilities for Jr. Data Analyst:
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of data visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Create presentations and reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data.
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data.
Requirements forJr. Data Analyst:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics OR equivalent proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst or similar field.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as Python, R, SQL, C#, SAS, etc.
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerBI, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, and Data Factory or similar equivalent solutions. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to work with executives and other line of business managers to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques.
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau, PowerBI, Cognos, etc.
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data.
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for working with data.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player.
- Willingness to submit to a background check.