Lead Antenna Engineer (Direct Hire)
Job Requisition: 6394
Description for Lead Antenna Engineer:
The Lead Antenna Engineer (LAE) will specialize in RF/Microwave and Analog circuit design and Testing. The LAE must be comfortable working with commercial off-the-shelf and custom hardware designs to achieve hardware requirements.
This role provides for a versatile RF/Microwave and Analog Circuit engineer possessing a blend of theoretical analysis, practical application, and hands-on integration abilities.
Additionally, The LAE will lead the team regarding the technical aspect of the assigned project. The LAE will act in a “hands-on” aspect of hardware delivery role, providing analysis, transitioning to prototyping and collecting performance data. The LAE will work cross-functionally with the team, ensuring that the project meets all client deadlines. The LAE will assist with training the engineering staff as needed. Lastly, the LAE will collaborate with the Chief Technology Officer regarding future technology needs of the company.
Responsibilities for Lead Antenna Engineer:
- Work within a team of engineers to test and develop proven designs based on modeling, simulation, and verification.
- Tasks will span the full product development cycle and will include specification development, modeling and simulation, documentation, hardware production, hardware integration, and test and validation
- Lead the team regarding the technical aspect of the assigned project.
- Troubleshoot RF/Microwave and Analog hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels. Communication with vendors and sub-contractor management may also be required.
- Will act in a “hands-on” aspect of hardware delivery role, providing analysis, transitioning to prototyping and collecting performance data.
- work cross-functionally with the team, ensuring that the project meets all client deadlines.
- Independently solve problems as well as work with the subsystem team.
- Provide technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management.
- Assist with training the engineering staff as needed.
Requirements for Lead Antenna Engineer:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering,
- At least 10 years of hands on electrical engineering design work with a concentration in antenna design as well as RF/microwave and analog circuits
- Monitoring, reporting, and timely project execution
- Experience integrating hardware and software for RF/Microwave and Analog circuit hardware applications
- RF/Microwave and Analog and test experience
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Experience in RF Subsystems and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes
- Understand system issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, etc
- Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as Network & Spectrum Analyzers, Signal & Pulse Generators, and Oscilloscopes
- Experience with Antenna Chambers and other RF/Antenna Test Set-ups
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively within a larger team
- Experienced at leading hardware integration and validation efforts
- Experience in a production environment
- Able to present technical results to management.
- Ability to travel 10%
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.