Lead CAD Designer(Direct Hire)
Description for Lead CAD Designer:
Independently completes design projects from ideas, sketches, and direction of the Engineering Team. Checks drawings and models created by drafters and support designers. They bring all the ideas of the team to life in a digital world. From there actual physical prototypes can be manufactured, ultimately leading to full-scale production. Acts as lead designer on assigned projects. Assists and trains new users. Develops and documents best practices. Resolves problems and discrepancies.
Responsibilities forLead CAD Designer:
- Applies knowledge of all aspects of Creo CAD software & Windchill PLM used at Grote Industries.
- Assigns work to detailers and Support Designers when acting as lead designer on major programs.
- Checks designs created by Support Designers for conformity to company and customer standards and requirements, and manufacturability.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of Grote’s manufacturing capabilities and methods.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of legal requirements and test requirements for functional application of product and specifications of the customer.
- Provides functional guidance to drafters, detailers, and Support Designers. Determines that detail drawings have sufficient views and allow proper interpretation of design intent. Verifies fit (clearance and interference), manufacturability (draft, wall thickness, radii) of parts and assemblies.
- Verifies that all product specifications listed on drawings are correct and communicated to the team.
- Oversees precise specifications of all piece parts and sub-assembly drawings generated by drafters and detailers.
- Applies and interprets all Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing on drawings.
- Works with model makers and outside sources to provide required data files, drawings, or any additional information needed for fast and accurate prototyping.
- Performs calculations on parts and assemblies. Determines part weights, surface areas, the center of gravity, etc.
Requirements forLead CAD Designer:
- A Lead CAD Designer requires a degree in ASMET or a related degree and equivalent experience.