Lead Firmware Engineer (Direct Hire)
Greater Dayton area, Ohio
Job Requisition: 6341
Description for Lead Firmware Engineer:
The Lead Firmware Engineer will design, develop, document and test software systems, especially embedded systems, for use within medical devices and equipment that include motor control, IoT and digital display technology.
Responsibilities for Lead Firmware Engineer:
- Design and develop embedded firmware using primarily C and Linux for medical devices and equipment. Embedded firmware will control functions and interfaces from various sensors and accessories using SPI, I2C, CAN Bus interfaces, as well as interfacing with Wifi and Bluetooth controlled devices
- Will create embedded code for medical equipment and device products that include motor control, IoT and digital technology.
- Perform and document verification activates to demonstrate the design meets requirements. (i.e. Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing and Device functional testing).
- Effectively work within cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Recommend improvements to software development process or procedures
- Mentor junior engineers on the Firmware Engineering team.
- Ensure the designs comply with applicable regulatory standards (UL, TUV, CSA, FDA)
Requirements for Lead Firmware Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Engineering or related
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Embedded C
- Background in Embedded Linux preferred
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN bus)
- Experience working software project full life cycle
- Experience working with Blue Tooth Technology a plus
- Knowledge of electronics and circuit design
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations a plus